Friday, June 20, 2008

The solution to all my problems...

We single people have a tough lot in life. We suffer through so many things, are harassed regularly about why we aren't yet married, what could possibly be wrong with us that someone hasn't snatched us up yet and what, don't we want to get married??!!! Well... in perusing a particular yahoo group posting, I think I have solved the problem of the singles.

Please read the following:

16a.

STILL ISO a barber I can trust

Posted by: "Poorboy still needing a trim"*

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:01 pm (PDT)

So.... nobody responded to this question the last time I asked it, but I thought I'd try again.

I'm looking for a barber/stylist that won't butcher my hair, as Haircuttery barbers are wont to do. I'm looking for quality and professionalism, but I'd rather not pay more than $20. Any suggestions?

PoorBoy
So, isn't this poor boy in such a predicament??!!! And you may ask, what on earth does that have to do with solving the problem of singles across the church, heck, across the world? Well. The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Oh wait, I mean the answer is in the reply, which, obnoxiously enough, was approved to be posted. Maybe someone approved it because they found it so amusing.

Here's the solution, not only for the PoorBoy who cannot get a good haircut (which I can do pretty well - better than haircuttery at least...I think... right? Or...no???), but also for those of us who may struggle with the perpetual singles scene.

16b.

Re: STILL ISO a barber I can trust

Posted by: "Man with all the answers"*

Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 pm (PDT)

Spend 20 bucks and go buy some clippers, then buzz your head. It's been a
while but when I finally decided to buzz my head, a couple weeks later I had
a girlfriend, a new job and did quite well on the LSAT. I am now married to
that girl and in law school.

Think about it. It will save you so much money in the long run, and who
knows what else might happen, your hair might be holding you back.

-AnswerMan

Wow, it's so simple. So. Actually, I already have a pair of clippers. So I should just buzz it all off then? And then I'll be in grad school, I'll have a new car (Stanley is dying a slow and painful death), and the man of my dreams will swoop around the corner and put a ring on my finger, and we'll not have any debt and life will be happily ever after. And all because I buzzed my hair!!!!

If only I'd known this years ago, I could also be so lucky as to have 30 children following me around already. *sigh* the things you miss out on...



*names have been changed to protect the clueless and rude...

No comments: