Sunday, September 28, 2008

Um, excuse me?

I had to run to Target the other day to grab a few things at the store. It was perfect timing since I had some time between work and grad school and it was on the way. Loverly. So I'm grabbing a couple groceries. I am on one end of the store and can see all the way to the back. I look up. This is what I saw:

Do you know what day it was? Friday. Friday SEPTEMBER 26!!!! Do you know what he's hanging? Do you see the snowman? Do you see the reindeer? Do you see the green and red GARLAND!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 whole months before Christmas!

Ok, let's just talk about all the holidays between now and then. Columbus day. What happened to celebrating the man who "discovered" the grand ole US of A?! And Halloween? All the dressing up and candy-grubbing. We can't miss that. Election day. I don't know, but it seems like that's a kind of important day for a few people here and there. And then Thanksgiving. Talk about celebration of survival. And shouldn't we all really really celebrate survival this year? Good heavens! And the best holiday between now and Christmas? Pear Harbor Day!!! And that goober in the Target is just skipping them all. Rude.

No comments: