Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cherry Blossoms 08

So I got up at 5 on saturday to get downtown to see the cherry blossoms and take some great pictures before it got crowded. It was FREEEEEZZZZZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG!! But there was a beautiful clear sky (doesn't work great for sunrises, but it was still nice later) and I think I got some good shots. I haven't finished editing all of them, and not all of them were great, but thanks to reading a photography blog, I learned how to edit pictures, I think. So if you aren't in town, or won't make it down this year, maybe this will give you a little idea of what you're missing....















After I did the whole tidal basin thing, I decided to go to Eastern Market, it's just a few more stops from downtown. I got a brick at the market breakfast and strolled the kiosks before heading back to suburbia. I got some fun snaps there, too, I think.

Don't those strawberries just make your mouth water?? MMMMM!!!

So now that I'm happy with the pictures I'm taking on a more regular basis, I'm getting the itch to get a really good camera with all the lenses you change out and all. My cam takes great shots, but it's just 4 mp's, and they get grainy pretty quickly which is sucky. So the savings will begin, as well as the research, to get a really fabulous camera. And maybe by the time I have the savings for a good one, the price will have come down, or I can get an even better one than what I'm thinking about right now!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

YAY!! I love your pics! Good job! So I deffinitly want a photo buddy! I'm thinking of going in on Thursday. I might already be in the city though so I'll let you know and we can meet up.