Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh the sleepiness of me!

So here I sit. It's parent-teacher conference day. The parents come in from 7:20 until who knows when. 9:30 maybe? Or maybe it's 10:00. I have absolutely know idea. I'm hoping it's 9:30. I teach family & consumer science. cooking, early childhood careers, life skills. While it's all very valuable information, it's not a course parents particularly value. I had a record-breaking 9 parents today. Only one was of a child of concern.

I am B-O-R-E-D. I did bring work with me to do, and I did some of it, but goodness I'm more exhausted than I am bored. I am sitting in a gym looking at all the long lines of parents wanting to talk to teachers. Poor parents, I'm sure they're bored to tears also. Even worse? Some poor kids got roped into walking around trying to sell their wares. I just had a group of 3 boys walk by. One is holding a pumping thing full of coffee. One is holding an open (nasty!) box of Krispy Kremes and one is carrying a basket with the cups, sugars, and all the other necessary accoutrement's. It's now occurring to me that I probably should spellcheck this blog.

I rarely use this as a forum to vent, but today I am venting. I detest parent-teacher conference day. Here's what I say. If you have a child in school and you are visiting the teachers, it is a long, painful and often unpleasant day for those teachers. Surprise them with a little treat. A brownie? A Reese's cup? A cup of tea? What I would give for a cup of hot water right now. I feel like something crawled in my lungs and is trying to die. I slept with the humidifier on last night though, and I'll chug the tea today in hopes that I can stave off the illness. It might help if I slept more than 4 hours a night, don't ya think?

I'm done now. I get to go back to my room and recover for a little bit before I have darling students. My students really are darling though.

I think I might go out to my car and take a nap.

3 comments:

Alison B said...

so let me get this straight...you have parent teacher conferences IN THE GYM???? With everyone listening in?? students, too?? And then you have to still teach this afternoon?? What is up with that?? Our teachers here get the day off. hmmm...weird. Also, you should get more than 4 hours of sleep. What is up with that??? you poor, poor, busy girl. take a nap. go to bed early tonight. drink lots of tea and take a bath.

Anonymous said...

Um, Sara, I tagged you on my blog. Just thought you'd like to know.

Megan Andrea said...

you are officially the worst blogger in america. come on! entertain me