Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've gotta punkin, I've gotta punkin, I've gotta punkin, hey hey hey hey!


Every year we take the preschool I run with my high school students to the pumpkin patch out in Chantilly. We have a fabulous time. And the preschoolers are ADORABLE!!!

While we were there I took the opportunity to take advantage of some of the fun things around the pumpkin patch, it was a gorgeous (but freezing!!) day!

The colors were so bright and beautiful, and then a fabulous blue sky, the contrast was amazing.





This one was fearless. They had a little booth where the kids could come up and milk a real cow. She did it a couple times with the farmer there. Then she just did it by herself. She is hilarious - and not afraid of anything!!
The cows were in 2 pens. One for the milking, one for the resting.
It came time for the farmers to switch the cows. The cows were not so keen on moving around and getting all their milk squeezed out of them by elementary school kids. So the cows, both of them, took off. Up and down the hills, verging on getting in the sponge pits for the rope swings, almost going down the slides. And all the while, farmers are chasing after them. One cow was even on a lead rope. The farmer had about 20 feet of length on it, had his heels dug into the ground and was dirt skiing behind the cow. Apparently they don't know the FIRST thing about herding cows.





I'm not a huge fan of pigs, but the 3 sleeping was just so screaming for a picture. I had to.






This character was in this cage just a-talkin' to himself. I'm not quite sure what he was saying - something about how they do things in France or something. Honestly, I was a little scared to get too close.
I think the kids will be talking about the loose cows for a long time!!! We had a fab day at the pumpkin patch. Can't wait for next year!

No comments: